Majority of my university courses were conducted in either Java or C/C++. However, during my internship I programmed primarily in Python. My industry experience includes writing software to manage MySQL databases and programming PLCs using ladder logic. I am proficient with graphic design software, including Adobe Photoshop and Inkscape, as well.
Faculty FrankenFurniture Finder (HYL Hackathon 2021)
A user-friendly application that facilitates the supply chain management of furniture inventory in an SQL database by receiving requests, computing the most cost-effective order fulfilment, modifying the database, and producing an order form.
Tools used: Java, MySQL, Git
Digital Dashboard (ENGG 233 F18)
A simulation of a digital dashboard for consumer vehicles that takes input sensor data, performs calculations, and visualizes the information in a useful manner.
Tools used: Processing
- Schulich School of Engineering Dean’s Entrance Scholarship - Awardee
- University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship - Awardee
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship - Awardee
- PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games (Gangneung, South Korea) - 28th in 1500-m short track speed skating representing Singapore
- 2016 ITU Duathlon World Championships (Aviles, Spain) - 9th in 16-19 Female Age Group Sprint representing Canada
- 2017 Global Relay Canadian Road Championships p/b Lexus (Ottawa/Gatineau, Ontario) - 18th in Junior Road Race representing Team Alberta
- The Straits Times’ Athlete of the Year 2017 - Nominee
- Singapore Sports Awards Sportswoman of the Year 2020 - Nominee
- SOF-Peter Lim Scholarship 2017, 2018 - Awardee, High Performance (U18) Category
Since moving from Singapore to Canada in 2003, I have been to six provinces across the country (Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Quebec, and Saskatchewan). I have also been able to return to Singapore fairly frequently over the years. In total, I have set foot in 29 countries over five continents. I’ve visited Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, China, France, the Holy See (Vatican), Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Poland, South Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States. I have passed through Germany, the ROC (Taiwan), and the United Arab Emirates on layovers as well.
I enjoy playing video games even though I am objectively terrible at them (someone once said to me, “I never seen someone so bad at video games before–I didn’t know it was possible…”). My favourites include Persona 4 Golden, GRID Autosport, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokémon Ruby, and osu!. [Steam, Discord]
Although I’ve largely become a bum since retiring from short track, I still enjoy going on the occasional ride with friends on my road bike. I hope that I can muster the motivation to do it more often. [Strava]